It's been a wild and crazy year, but aren't they all?? This is the time of year for reflection and looking forward.
Reflection: Here are the top 4 things that I have learned this year:
- Sugar is toxic
- Wheat and grains are not necessary for health
- Pharmaceutical companies don't want to cure you, just maintain you as a customer
- Saturated fat is actually good for you
What have you learned??
Looking forward: Here are my top 4 goals for 2013:
- Get at least 7 hours of sleep a night
- Exercise regularly
- Read all I can and share the wealth
- Blog at least once a month
What are your goals?
I'll leave you today with a tasty dip for your New Year's Eve party!!
Spinach and Artichoke Dip
1 box (10oz) of frozen cut spinach, cooked, cooled
and drained well
1/2cup artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
1 cup sour cream
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup sugar-free mayonnaise
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
freshly ground black pepper to taste
sea salt to taste
Mix everything today in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate for one hour. Serve with crudities or sunflower seed crackers - recipe here.
I hope you and yours have a happy, safe and
healthy new year!