Saturday, August 4, 2012

Two thoughts for today + Chocolate Mousse

Yep....gonna say it yet again.  Sugar is poison.  It's toxic.  It should be avoided.  I'm also gonna repeat my saying that high cholesterol is not a disease - it doesn't need to be treated.

To me, sugar is public enemy #1.  Fortunately, the word is spreading.  Here is another like-minded individual's take on the subject:  http://www.truthaboutabs.com/toxic-sugar.html  Apparently 60 Minutes (CBS) and I are on the save wavelength - they re-broadcast their segment, "Is sugar toxic?" tonight.  Missed it??  Watch it here: 60 Minutes: Is Sugar Toxic?


I have also been reading more and more about how bad statins and other cholesterol-reducing drugs are for you:  http://www.glutenfreesociety.org/gluten-free-society-blog/gluten-and-high-cholesterol/  I will revisit cholesterol levels later - stay tuned!

There are healthy alternatives to sugar.  Here are few I use (with links to my amazon store so you can try them for yourself):
STEVIA:   Stevita liquid - love all the different flavors you can get - I prefer to use this in drinks and cooking rather than baking
ERYTHRITOLNOW Foods Erythritol - good for baking
XYLITOLHealth Garden Xylitol - good for baking

BUT...how do they taste????   I posted my "go to" Chocolate Mocha Cake a while back as well as my No Bake Cheesecake.  Try these and see for yourself.   

OR....try my Chocolate mousse:

Chocolate Mousse

1 cup whipping cream
8 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
2 tbsp peanut butter (optional)
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa 
1 cup sweetener of choice


Whip the cream until stiff peaks form and set aside.
In separate bowl, beat cream cheese until very smooth. Beat in peanut butter (if desired), cocoa and sweetener until well mixed. Take a large spoonful of the whipped cream and blend it into the cream cheese mixture to soften it a bit more. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture and refrigerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment