Saturday, August 3, 2013

Kitchen Gadget of the Month: July Edition


ya.....ya.....ya....I know it's August.  Been super uber busy at work these days - I'm part of an IT staff and we're changing our email program this weekend.  I've been spending most of the month traveling around to our various sites around the state of Wisconsin training employees on how to use the new program.  I'm afraid my blogging was affected.

So....here is my gadget for July:  a Mandoline!  No, no, no....not something you play - but something you use to slice up veggies nice and neat and even.

Love this Mandoline.  It comes with it's own storage box and 3 double sided cutting blades for 6 different cutting options.

But.....be careful!  These blades are SHARP!  I have shed a little blood using this myself, so I know first hand (or is that first finger?).  Follow this link to get your own from my amazon store:  Progressive International Mandoline
So....now we have our handy-dandy mandoline....let's make something!  Here is a tasty salmon recipe that is quick and easy - especially with our new gadget!



Teriyaki Salmon with Zucchini

Teriyaki sauce
2 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
Sesame seeds
2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
4 scallions (or green onions), chopped
Olive oil
Place salmon in plastic bag with teriyaki sauce - marinate for 20 minutes in refrigerator.  Toast sesame seeds in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until just lightly browned.  Remove and set aside.

Remove salmon from bag and discard marinade.  Add enough oil to coat skillet, add salmon and cook for 5 minutes on medium-high heat.  Turn and cook for 5 minutes more.  Remove from skillet and keep warm.  Add 1 tsp olive oil, zucchini and scallions to skillet and saute until lightly browned.  Add 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce and sesame seeds.  Remove from heat and serve over salmon.





No comments:

Post a Comment