Thursday, November 7, 2013

Kitchen Gadget of the Month: October edition (just a weeeeeeeeeeeeee bit late)

October was a sad and happy month - and very, very busy.  We lost my oldest brother on October 13 and my mother's health is continuing to deteriorate.   Our bright spot was the wedding of my favorite nephew to a truly lovely girl.  I couldn't be happier for them.

So....here is October's Kitchen gadget of the month.  A mini-donut tin - just in time for all things Pumpkin!


I've talked about getting my sweet fix on in earlier posts.  One of the things I have missed  since going grain and sugar-free is donuts and other pastries.  Lucky for me, I have found ways to make my own....that way I know what's going into the sweets and into my body.

My favorite donut recipe so far is Pumpkin Donuts.  Easy to make plus Amazon makes it easy to buy your own cute mini-donut tin. (Check out my Amazon Store at the top of my blog for a direct link to buy you own!) 

Here's the recipe: 

Pumpkin Donuts

1 1/2 cups almond flour 
1/4 tsp sea salt 
1/2tsp baking soda 
1 tsp ground cinnamon 
1/2 tsp each:  ground nutmeg , cloves, ginger
2 tbls Butter
1/2 cup sweetener of choice (xylitol and erythritol are available thru amazon and my Amazon store
3 eggs 
1 cup canned pumpkin 

In one bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, and spices. In another bowl, mix butter, sweetener, eggs and pumpkin until smooth. Stir pumpkins mixture into the dry ingredients. Grease you new cute donut tins. Spoon batter into the tins making sure to leave your donut "hole" visible. Bake at 325° for 30-40 minutes. Cool. 

 Need it sweeter yet?? Try this cream cheese frosting: 

Cream Cheese Frosting

4 oz cream cheese, softened
2 tbls milk 
3 tbls Swerve Powdered Sweetener (to taste) 

 Stir until smooth and frost away!

No comments:

Post a Comment