Tuesday, March 27, 2012

DONUTS!!

Some people think I can't eat anything good anymore since going grain and sugar-free. No....no....no..... I still get my sweet fix, it's just that I make it rather than buy it. That way I know what's going into the sweets and into my body. 

My favorite donut recipe so far is Pumpkin Donuts. Easy to make plus Amazon sells cute little donut tins. (Check out my Amazon Store at the top of my blog for a direct link to buy you own!) 

Here's the recipe: 

Pumpkin Donuts

1 1/2 cups almond flour 
1/4 tsp sea salt 
1/2tsp baking soda 
1 tsp ground cinnamon 
1/2 tsp each:  ground nutmeg , cloves, ginger
2 tbls Butter
1/2 cup sweetener of choice (xylitol and erythritol are available thru amazon and my Amazon store
3 eggs 
1 cup canned pumpkin 

In one bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, and spices. In another bowl, mix butter, sweetener, eggs and pumpkin until smooth. Stir pumpkins mixture into the dry ingredients. Grease you new cute donut tins. Spoon batter into the tins making sure to leave your donut "hole" visible. Bake at 325° for 30-40 minutes. Cool. 

 Need it sweeter yet?? Try this cream cheese frosting: 

Cream Cheese Frosting

4 oz cream cheese 
2 tbls milk 
3 tbls Swerve Powdered Sweetener (to taste) 

 Stir until smooth and frost away!

3 comments:

  1. I know you have a good recipe for a brownie/cake. Can you post that??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would totally dig these. I love pumpkin and am trying to reduce gluten. I will try them soon. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just getting started adding recipes...I have a lot of grain free ideas for your to try! Welcome aboard!

    ReplyDelete