Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter Menu

I'm staying home for Easter this year.  Thought I would plan a delightful, low-carb, sugar-free, grain-free Easter Dinner.  Here's my menu:

  • Ham Steaks
  • Buttered Peas
  • "Sweet Potato" Casserole
  • Cheese Biscuits
  • Carrot Cake Muffins
  • Paired with a Wollersheim Beaujolais

I'll post the recipes this evening.  But if you want to find them quicker, the "Sweet Potato" Casserole and Cheese Biscuit recipes are from Maria's Nutritious and Delicious Journal.  The Carrot Cake Muffins are an adaptation of a recipe from Healthy Indulgences.

I went with Buttered Peas because of Julia Child.  I've been watching the first few seasons of The French Chef thru my amazon prime membership and my Roku (an internet streaming device for our TV).  The first season was in 1962....I'm halfway thru season 3.  Julia must have loved buttered peas, because she was always using them as a side dish for her recipes.  Even though it is incredibly dated and pales in comparison with today's TV chefs, I have learned so much from her.  I will continue to watch the episodes of every season until I have seen them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment